Is this a typo?
No! Further investigation revealed that Christ has been obliterated and it is now Before Common Era.
I don't know about you, but political correctness has gone mad. Like it or lump it, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddah etc are momenteous historical as well as religious figures and references to them are found in all areas of life. You can't just wipe them out. How much more correct would it be to accept our differences and simply.......
GET ON WITH IT!
My huge peeve is the use of the word Xmas. It is a celebration of the birth of Christ. You can either celebrate it or ignore it. But you can't just change Him into an X, and then go and have all the fun!
If you do that then you must also
- Erase Sunday and Monday from the calendar, as they were named in honour of the pagan deities of the sun and moon. I'm sure that offends someone. They are henceforth to be called Xday 1 and Xday 2
- Tuesday is named for the Norse god of War. So shall we call it, say Xday 3?
- Was Wednesday named for weddings? No. Another in the line of days named for Norse gods. This one was for Woden (or Odin), the chief of the pantheon. Xday 4, perhaps?
- When you hear thunder on Thursday you will remember how this day got its name. It was named for the Scandanavian god of thunder, Thor. You guessed it, Xday 6!
- Friday is the only day of the week named for a woman. Her name was Frigga and she was the consort of Odin. The slapper! She should definately be renamed Xday 7.
But why stop there? Your designer Nike trainers are a no no. They are named after Nike, the Greek goddess of victory. And in all fairness, the Greeks are not exactly winning at the moment!
Why can't we just accept that we have different beliefs...or perhaps none at all. This is what adds fullness and diversity to the world.
Why do some people want to suck the colour out of life and paint it grey?